Program to allocate SCSA
The SCSA is a shared memory area that is used by basis components suchas system log, trace, and so on. Depending on the operating system, thisarea is created either as a standalone shared memory area, or as areano. 5 on the SAP IPC interface. The creation of a standalone area can beperformed either by each SAP program, or by the standalone program'sapmscsa'.
Limitation for db
- scsa/shm/key> is the key for the SCSA in theoperating system (for example, UNIX)
- scsa/shm/file> is the key for the SCSA in theoperating system (for example, OS/2)
- scsa/shm/size> is the size of the SCSA (in bytes)
- scsa/shm/start> is a default value for theinitial address in the virtual memory
- scsa/create_daemon/exe_file> is aseparate program for creating the SCSA