There is an error in the SAP kernel of Release 6.10 or 6.20 that is solved with the 6.40 Kernel. Other terms
Downward-compatible kernel DCK 640 Reason and Prerequisites
- This note applies to all systems with Web AS Release 6.10 or 6.20 (SAP_BASIS component).
- As of April 2004, the 6.40 kernel is being sent to customers.
- You may need to perform an operating system upgrade before the kernel upgrade.
- Caution: The 6.40 kernel is not yet available for all products on all platforms. You can find the up to date information on the combinations of SAP products, Operating System version and database versions that is allowed under: http://service.sap.com/platforms.
Use this information and the notes mentioned below to check whether the 6.40 kernel is released for your SAP product, DB and operating system platform.
- You may need to perform a DB upgrade before the kernel upgrade. Use the following notes to check whether the 6.40 kernel still supports your current database release:
- Note 407328 (MS SQL Server)
https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/664679 (SAP Service marketplace login required)
Key words :    , central instance, following commands, information about, service marketplace, application servers, operating system, processor type>, k1\nt\< processor, drive> k1\nt\<, kernel directory, sapsid>  , directory structure, check whether, compatible kernel, \usr\sap\< sapsid>, kernel executables, support packages, kernel library,   go , go   , upgrade caution, sapsid> \sys\exe\run, drive> \usr\sap\<, os> sapcar, downward compatible, universal database, run   ,