Warnings or errors occur when you use OPatch to implement an Oracle interim patch or merge fix.
Reason and Prerequisites
As of Oracle 9.2, OPatch is used to implement Oracle patches (other than patch sets). For more details on OPatch, see Note 306408.
Many OPatch problems can be eliminated by implementing the current OPatch and OUI patches (Note 629588).
The following is an overview of possible warnings and errors and ways of eliminating them:
1. Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
Can not set up OUI inventory session
OPatch stops because of Inventory problem.
The OUI does not display installed interim patches
The file <path>/oraInventory/Contents/oneoffsN.oo is empty
2. Interim inventory update exception: The base component
<oracle.rdbms,126.96.36.199.0> of the Oneoff Patch <188.8.131.52.0> is not
present in the install inventory.
3. Unknown inventory save error: PRKC-1021 : Problem in the clusterware
There were problems propagating this patch to the other nodes:
Interim patch cluster update file replication error:
PRKC-1004 : Problem in copying file to nodes
Interim patch cluster update directory creation error:
PRKC-1007 : Problem in creating directories on the nodes
4. A previously applied patch(es) may be in conflict with <new_patch>
The patch(es) for version <oracle_version> that may be in conflict with this patch are: ...
Continuing could overwrite all or parts of the patch(es) in conflict.
5. Problems when checking for files that are active.
There were problems when checking for active processes on critical
files. The patch tool runs the command 'fuser' to check that
critical files are not in use. Please check 'fuser' is available in
your PATH environmental variable.
6. There were problems in running the make commands needed to finish
the patching process.
The errors encountered were:
Couldn't create file for the make commands.
Error is: Permission denied
Error is: The file system has read permission only.
ERROR: Unknown inventory update error: null
7. Couldn't find required file liboraInstaller.
8. Cannot open to read file /oracle/oraInventory/ContentsXML/comps.xml
OS_ERROR = [No such file or directory]
OS_ERROR = [Permission denied]
9. Problems with the lock file
Lock file exists, details are:
Interim patch <patch> is holding the lock,
probably due to previous unsuccessful operation
10. Can't locate Command.pm in @INC
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted
11. Not a valid patch area.
Check the command line, current directory location and permissions
of the patch directory.
12. Cannot open file /var/opt/oracle/oraInst.loc for reading:
[No such file or directory]
13. Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
14. Couldn't restore object apa.o into the archive libserver9.a.
Couldn't restore object kke.o into the archive libserver9.a.
Couldn't restore object kko.o into the archive libserver9.a.
Couldn't restore object kkpap.o into the archive libserver9.a.
15. Can't locate English.pm in @INC ...
16. AIX 5.x: Can't call method "build_option_details" on an undefined
value at /oracl/BWT/920_64/OPatch/opatch_modules/Apply.pm line ...
17. The following required components were not located or have the
18. The patch directory area must be a number.
19. WINDOWS, Active State Perl:
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
Error in executing Java program to check conflict
ERROR: OPatch failed during pre-reqs check.
A core dump occurs.
20. LINUX: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
Can't load library: /home/usupport/oui/bin/Linux/liboraInstaller.so
21. OPatch detects your platform as 453 while this patch <patch number>
supports platforms 23 (Sun SPARC Solaris (64-BIT))
OPatch detects your platform as 610 while this patch <patch number>
supports platforms 212 (AIX 5L (64-BIT))
22. OPatch detects your platform as 46 while this patch <patch number>
supports platforms 226 (Linux x86_64)
23. 10g: OPatch detects your platform as 110 while this patch <patch number>
supports platforms 214 (Linux x86_64)
24. The Oracle Home /oracle/<sid>/920_64 is not registered with the Central
Inventory. OPatch was not able to get details of the home from the
ERROR: OPatch failed because of Inventory problem
Exception in thread "main" OPatch Exception:
Cannot lock OUI inventory (READ/WRITE Level)
The target area /oracle/product/oraInventory cannot be used
because it is in an invalid state.
Files on system are patched but Inventory Update has failed.
25. This patch will update Jar file(s) but OPatch was not able to locate
executable jar under /oracle/product/9.2.0/jdk/bin.
ERROR: OPatch failed during pre-reqs check.
find_executable_file(): Cannot find "jar" from
ERROR: OPatch failed because of cmd. args. problem.
The following problems were encountered when trying to backup Java
[ object: Subscription.class ]
26. Archive failed: failed to update
"<ORACLE_HOME>/lib/libserver9.a" with updated
There are 1 issues patching static library in Oracle Home.
FILE PROBLEM: some files are not patched.
OPATCH_JAVA_ERROR: Patch was not successfully applied.
Verification of the patch failed.
ERROR: OPatch failed as verification of the patch failed.
FINEST:CheckSum of 2 streams are 594889758 and 594889552
FINE: 2 files are identical? FALSE
INFO: Archive failed: failed to update
"<ORACLE_HOME>/lib/libserver10.a" with updated
27. INFO:The following warnings have occurred during OPatch execution:
INFO:1) OUI-67160:ApplySession for patch ID '5188321':
Could not back up following actions for patch rollback:
28. ApplySession failed: ApplySession failed in system modification
phase... 'ApplySession::apply failed: Jar not applied ...
'invalid entry COMPRESSED SIZE (EXPECTED 31214 BUT GOT 30948 BYTES)'
29. OUI-67124:Copy failed
files/lib/libjox10.a' to '/oracle/<sid>/102_64/lib/libjox10.a
https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/640910 (SAP Service marketplace login required)
Key words :    ,   opatch,   oracle, opatch failed, ora< sid>, patch directory, error opatch, opatch detects, patch number>, supports platforms, number> supports, archive libserver9, restore object, opatch directory, opatch problems, oracle software, opatch platform, patch storage, using opatch,   error, interim patch, inventory update, interim inventory, inventory exception, oracle home>,