In the revenue recognition, account changes in Customizing of the account determination always lead to data inconsistencies if revenues have already been recognized or billed for items relevant for revenue recognition of a sales and distribution document.
The following symptoms may occur in this context:
1. If you change and then save an existing sales document, the system generates new control lines (VBREVK). The 'old' control lines remain in the table. If you recognize or bill revenues afterwards, postings to the incorrect clearing accounts are made.
2. A billing document/credit memo relevant for revenue recognition finds other accounts than the sales document. A transfer to financial accounting is not possible.
3. During the revenue recognition (VF44/VF46), the system uses the control lines with the 'new' clearing accounts. Postings to the incorrect accounts are made.
4. If a cross-company-code process is involved, the system also determines new accounts at goods issue. The revenue lines to be generated (VBREVE) do not have their own control lines and thus cannot be recognized.
5. If you start an analysis using Transaction VF47, the log displays the following error:
E16 - Detail lines have determined balance on 'deferred revenues' and on 'non-billed requests'.
This error is due to the 'new' clearing accounts.
Standard revenue recognition, VA02, VA42, VL02N, VL09, VF01, VF02, VF04, account determination, deferred revenues, non-billed requests, buffering G/L accounts, SAKN1, SAKN2, RV_INVOICE_ACCOUNT_DETERM, SD_REV_REC_DETERM_UNBILLED_ACC, SD_REV_REC_BILLING, VBREVK, VBREVE, VBREVR, VF47, E16, cross-company, KONVFLAG, RR_REV, RR_CCDR, SD_GET_ACCOUNTS_FROM_KONV, SD_GET_ACCOUNTS_KONV_REFRESH Reason and Prerequisites
The system performs an account determination for the corresponding conditions for each item relevant for revenue recognition. Regardless of the revenues recognized or billed, the accounts found are included in the corresponding document. Solution
Since accounts in revenue recognition is key information, the system generates 'new' control lines and may assign values that have already been posted to these 'new' control lines. Future postings are made to the redetermined clearing accounts whereas the revenues posted in the past were posted to the 'old' accounts. The result are balances remaining on the affected clearing accounts.
https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/568227 (SAP Service marketplace login required)