You want to change an IP address. Other terms
IP address, IP configuration, network, TCP/IP ,ipconfig Reason and Prerequisites
This note provides information about configuring the operating system. Solution
Internally, SAP systems use host names to communicate. As a result, you should experience no problems when you change an IP address.
Theoretically, you only need to make changes at operating system level:
- DNS entries
- Routing tables
However, you should err on the side of caution and check the following in the SAP system:
- Transaction SM59, table RFCDES, also see
Note 88346 for additional information
- Transaction SM55, if you are using IP addresses here, you must adjust them
- Transaction SM51, check for consistent host names
- Transaction SMLG, check whether the entries for the server groups have been created with IP addresses
Also ensure that changes are not only made in the affected system but in all SAP systems, clients, and external programs that communicate with the affected system in any way.
Outside the SAP system:
- saprouter, adjust the saprouttab to the changes
* If the saprouter receives a new address:
You should inform us of this change (for sapserv3).
Open a message on the 'xx-ser-net-chg' component
and inform us of the address change.
- Adjust the IP addresses so that the service connection continues to function
- If you use an APO system, see Note
Depending on your system landscape and configuration, additional
relevant points may be added. This note does not claim to be complete.