This Release Information Note (RIN) contains information and references to notes for applying Support Package (SP) Stacks of SAP Enhancement Package 6 for SAP ERP 6.0.
Note: This SAP Note is subject to change. Listed below are points to keep in mind:
Read this note completely BEFORE applying SP Stacks of SAP Enhancement Package 6 of SAP ERP 6.0 and follow the instructions given below.
- Check this note for changes on a regular basis. All changes made after release of a Support Package (SP) Stack are documented in section "Changes made after Release of SP Stack <xx>".
- You will find general information about SP Stacks on SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/sp-stacks.
- Be informed that all corrective Software Packages, including Support Package Stacks, released after April 2, 2007, are available exclusively through the Maintenance Optimizer in SAP Solution Manager. For more information about the Maintenance Optimizer, see SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/solman-mopz.
- SAP strongly recommends using SAP Solution Manager to identify & implement the required SPs. The Solution Manager - Maintenance Optimizer provides you with the option to automatically calculate the recommended SPs levels and add them to your download basket. It provides you with a combined import queue that includes the Enhancement Package SPs as well as the required SAP ERP 6.0 SP Stack components.
- SPAM Update- We strongly recommend that you apply the latest version of the Support Package Manager before you apply any other Support Packages.
- SPAM Updates are available on the download page for the SP Stack or on SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/patches -> Support Packages and Patches -> SAP Support Packages in Detail --> ABAP Support Package Manager --> Download the Support Package Manager for your release. For additional information, see the initial screen of transaction SPAM, choose the 'i' icon (online documentation: help -> application help).
- When you import components using the Support Package Manager, ensure that no system activities occur in parallel and no background jobs are running.
- Read the restrictions for scenarios in:
- SAP ERP 6.0 in SAP Note 852235
- SAP ERP 6.0 Enhancement packages in SAP Note 998833
- ERP 6.0 DFPS Defense Forces & Public Security in SAP Note 1410106
- Installation and Upgrade Information
- You can find information about browser support in SAP Note 1574357.
- For the installation of Java Components ensure to use the correct Kernel DVD. For more details see SAP Note1642797.
- Before installing Java components read SAP Note 1633703.
- If you use CEE Travel Management for the Czech Republic, Poland, Russia, Slovakia and Ukraine in your source release system, you must familiarize with the necessary migration steps described in SAP Note 1475582 before the upgrade.
- You are running interfaces between Business Suite systems e.g. SAP ERP and SAP NetWeaver PI as the central Integration Server using ABAP Proxy connectivity see SAP Note 1832608.
- For the required component versions, see SAP Note 1566412.
- Technical Usages - You can select the Technical Usages required to install or upgrade your solution. For more information, see SAP Note 1566412
- For more information about Business Packages for SAP ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 6, see SAP Note 1592495.
- SAP Business Suite 7 Innovations 2011 (including EhP6 for SAP ERP 6.0, EhP2 for SAP CRM 7.0, EHP2 for SAP SCM 7.0 and EhP2 for SAP SRM 7.0) based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 3 is the last SAP Business Suite release with dual-stack support, for more information (including information about a dual stack split tool), see SAP Note 1655335. Please note that as of SAP Business Suite 7 (including EhP4 for SAP ERP 6.0, SAP CRM 7.0, SAP SRM 7.0 and SAP SCM 7.0), you can no longer install Dual Stack Application Systems (ABAP+Java) see SAP Note 855534.
- If you want to use Add-Ons with a specific Enhancement Package, then refer to SAP Note 1598141.
- To run embedded analytics you need to order the necessary SAP Business Objects Software. For more information, see SAP Note 1486885.
- For more information about Master Data Governance (MDG) see SAP Note 1608726.
- Recommendation for customer using SPI based applications see SAP Note 1892736
- Business Suite Support for Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6)
The Business Suite is release for the usage in homogeneous IPv6 environments
You can run the Business Suite 7 i2010 and above in an IPv6 protocol environment.
In order to ensure a frictionless system operation you need to adhere some prerequisites:
- The operating system and the network infrastructure (for example, DNS server, router, switches) support Internet Protocol Version 6
- The data base system is released for IPv6 (please adhere to the related data base notes)
- The prerequisites of SAP note 1346768 are fulfilled (usage of SAP NetWeaver with IPv6)
- You use a homogeneous IPv6 network environment, i.e. all SAP Components can be reached with IPv6 addresses
Please refer to related SAP note 1346768 Activating IP Version 6 (IPv6) on AS ABAP.
ERP 6.0; Enhancement Package 6; EHP6; ERP 6.06; SAP ERP; EHP6 Installation; EHP6 Upgrade