* Limitation of 7.0 Web Application Designer with Internet Explorer 9: Other terms
1. You have install Internet Explore 9 in your client PC and you want to create a new template or modify existing template in Web Application Designer. However you cannot drag and drop any web items in layout mode.
2. You have install Internet Explore 9 in your client PC and you want to create a new template or modify existing template in Web Application Designer. However you cannot add new table, span or any html content using mouse right click context menu.
BEx, WAD, limitation, Internet Explorer 9, IE9 Reason and Prerequisites
The limitations are due to changes made in Microsoft.mshtml.dll (which is a Microsoft file) Solution
The issues occur in Internet Explorer 9 with all Windows versions.
Limitation 1 and 2
This issue can be observed in case of creating new template or modifying existing template; you cannot drag and drop web items or add new table, HTML content in layout mode.
When you drag and drop web items in a layout mode or try to create new table or HTML content using context menu in layout mode, the WAD consume Microsoft.mshtml.dll properties to set the layout in edit mode. Since the Microsoft.mshtml.dll properties in Internet Explorer 9 doesn't allow doing any changes and always returning the read mode, so WAD unable to create any items in layout mode.
Microsoft has to provide fix for this issue.
Uninstall Internet Explorer 9 and Install Internet Explorer 8 or any older version.
Follow the below mentioned steps, to uninstall Internet Explorer 9 from your client pc,
- Click the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
- Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
- Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.
- Click one of the following:
- Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9, and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).
- Restart later (to wait until you shut down or restart your computer).
You can also follow the article from Microsoft for uninstalling Internet Explorer 9.
If you still would like to continue working with Internet explorer 9 then in that case you have to navigate to XHTML tab and drag and drop the web items and can create a template or modify existing template.
This requires some manual effort, however you must be careful enough performing this operation, as you are creating or modifying existing template in XHTML mode.
Navigating to Layout tab, you will find the web items are generated properly.